View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 06:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default NO disrespect intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
Filing a claim in order to prove that you meet the legal requirements of a program that will pay you a check and cover you under a health insurance program for possibly the rest of your life can be as simple as completing an online application (2 hours) and submitting one piece of paper that verifies you are a paraplegic and be approved in two weeks, or it can take months, years and reams of documents and legal arguments and treating records and consultative exams and hundreds of hours of applicant, attorney and SSA employee time.

But you are right that the term time consuming and extensive means different things to different people. Just like the phrase "I can't stand very long".
I really meant no disrespect to you in any manner or form. I just know that it took me nearly 30 days to finalize my initial claim application. I was even perplexed as to "date of onset" as I have many conditions, most of which are not only chronic but progressive and finally reached proportions that prevented me from perfoming my job duties. Date of onset would have been easy if I had an accident or injury on a specific date. I do apologize if I offended you in any way, I was just stating the process from my own personal experience and point of view regarding the paperwork involved in the initial claim.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote