View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 06:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jasper,

My daughter had excellent results - she went into remission after 12 treatments. The remission lasted for 3 months (within the typical range), then it started to come back and she needed 4 more treatments to get back into remission (also typical - we're hoping this remission will go 6 months or longer - that's the pattern). It's been almost a month now and she's going strong. We went to NJ, and the doc and his staff were professional and kind and very friendly.

I have a great update, too - I wrote a 5-page letter to my insurance company, trying to get them to cover the cost (I pointed out that my daughter was scheduled for a $60,000 SCS, and was put into remission for under $3000 with Calmare, which is quite a savings for the insurance company). I just got a letter from our insurance company yesterday, and they paid 80% of the costs of the Calmare treatment! This is great news - part of the reason why this treatment isn't well-known is that it isn't covered by many insurance companies yet. Insurance companies won't pay for things out of the goodness of their hearts, but they might pay if they see it saves them money. Anyway, I hope they will start paying for more people to try this. Like most treatments, it won't work for everyone - but it sure worked for my daughter, and it's non-invasive and painless. I'm very grateful we tried it.
SloRian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (04-01-2015), eevo61 (09-12-2014), jdj88 (09-19-2015)