View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 06:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Paul, that's it for me, too. If I slow down and think where I'm putting each foot, I don't fall. I haven't fallen since 2010 when I got enthusiastic about going down some stairs because I was going out to dinner with some friends I really liked.
I haven't lost balance much, but in June and early July boy was I unbalanced due to breathing forest fire smoke. Two years ago the forest fire smoke made my eyes spasm back into my head and brought on episodes of ten minute blindness. When I lost balance I REALLY lost it, having to go down a hall by running into the right wall and then into the left wall. My pcp told me to get out of town until the smoke abated. That cost a lot of money for travel and motel. Right now it seems that didn't really happen because I'm upright again. But it did happen. How to live in a place that gets smoked out every year?

A cane helps me, and I have one in my car, but I'm afraid of losing it if I'm on an errand where I have to think about something more than hanging onto the cane. I don't do multiple tracks any more. Focus or else.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (07-28-2013)