View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 06:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Very organized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
Thank you ALL VERY much for your time to reply and help me (us) through this process. I guess I was just nervous that since I will be the one to do the filling out of application online (he now struggles to use a computer) that I would be overwhelmed with all the questions and answers. I know my husband will do whatever he can to help me but with his short term memory now gone it will be up to me to figure out the any answers to questions he may not know.

One thing I did do was to start a notebook in the very beginning with all doctor appts notes, copies of all records from doctors appts and state disability insurance paperwork. I am hoping that might help once we start the SSDI.

I really appreciate the link Shellback and I have bookmarked the website. Janke thank you for the guidance, support and information with your post. I will definitely keep you all posted as I have read some positive outcomes here on Neurotalk
Hopeless thank you for your posts and support. This website is nice place to come and feel welcome to ask questions or look for help.

One final thing Janke you are right, it is not necessary for me to worry about which listing applies to my husband and that is what scared me the most. I was probably overanalyzing the list of conditions and no where did it list dementia. I am confident that the neuropsych testing shows and states that exact thing.

With a new positive outlook I will not be so worried and "Just do it" ala Nike

All the best,
Wheeler
Hi Wheeler,

You sound very organized and that will be a huge asset in filing the claim. That will also cut out a lot of time in the paperwork. I did not in anyway want to frighten you when I said it "can" be time-consuming and extensive.

Janke is correct that it can be a quick process, especially if you are organized and prepared before you begin the paperwork. Janke is extremely helpful on SSDI matters and I would defer to Janke on anything related to disability.

I took exception with Janke on that matter only because it took me a long time to complete the initial application. But then again, it takes me a long time to do anything so my experience is directly related to my being slow in getting things done.

Please keep us informed as you go along with your hurdles. I am so sorry about your husband's condition. That must be very difficult on both of you.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote