View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 09:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi
Were you referring to Prof Solomon S Liao at UCI, Irvine as the person who headed the team who carried out your ketamine coma procedure? It would be useful to know as there may be people here who would like to get in touch with him (or would like to ask their own physicians to get in touch with him) for more information.

It would be interesting to be able to hear more about the particular protocol that was used by the team who performed the treatment. Since the FDA has previously refused to permit ketamine induced coma procedures for CRPS patients in the USA, I'm sure everyone will be excited to know how the hospital managed to get the regulatory and ethical approvals to perform the treatment.

There are also lots of practical things that it would be really interesting to know more about such as how long you were placed in the induced coma, what dosages of ketamine were used, what it was like to be artificially ventilated and any problems that gave you afterwards, how the medical team mitigated the sort of risks that have arisen in the previous experimental coma procedures in Mexico and Germany (like serious infection) etc.

Since most patients in the US currently seem to have to fight very hard with their insurance companies to get approval for sub-anaesthetic ketamine infusion treatments (its still regarded by most as experimental), it would be useful to know if you had an insurer involved and what their view was.

Is the doctor who carried out your treatment going to publish a case study with details of what he did? I'm sure this would be really interesting to the whole CRPS patient and research community so it would be good to when and where it might appear.

I'm glad you seem to have had such positive benefits and look forward to hearing more about the treatment.
Neurochic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-30-2013), PurpleFoot721 (10-12-2015)