View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 12:48 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Awesome, Eric!!! That looks like so much fun! I think it's great that you are near a river so that you can go rafting. I'm certainly jealous!

As for ideas . . .The raft looks to be inflatable. Is it possible to deflate it when you are done to make it easier to carry to your car? Maybe put a small rolling suitcase in the raft so that you can roll it up there? I know putting wheels on the bottom wouldn't work but something like that to make it easier to get to the car. As for getting up out of the raft, it is okay to ask for help. There's nothing wrong with that and as Sally mentioned, wouldn't you do the same thing for someone else. It's hard to tell from the pictures but it looked like there was a tree root or trunk further down the river. I can't tell how fast the river is going or what the under tow is by the tree, but is it possible that you could make that your destination to get off the raft? It's higher up and may be easier to get up than getting up off the sand.

Since you loved doing this, and I don't blame you one bit as I love it too, you will find some way to make this work for you. That's the great thing about keeping our passions as much as we can despite the MS.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EricP (08-02-2013), Erika (07-29-2013), SallyC (07-29-2013)