View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 03:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, been up since 3 am ....you all are great company when a person can't get back to sleep.. My computer is really slow today and so in between clicking on threads to read , I am working on a hobo clown costume for a September Festival. By the time I sew on a patch your posts will actually appear .
I got about 200 fava seeds planted ...then it rained really hard , so in a couple weeks I will know if they washed away in the storm. Before Aug 10th will put in a final patch of favas just for tops. My hops plant is growing really well ...one vine almost to the end of my bamboo trellis/arbor. The two licorice plants are doing well...so I am anxious for the opportunity to experiment with these three plant additions to the farm. Also , set out a goji (chineese wolfberry) plant this week. Getting a lot of figs on my tree this year, they are coming on earlier and we should have a good harvest this time. Got a few last year before frost, but the tree was full of immature figs when cold weather came. Really looking forward to trying to make gluten and sugar free homemade fig newtons. Have a great day. Thanks for being out there at 3 am!!
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote