View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 09:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkas4 View Post
Hi,
My name is Lynn. I was in a car accident 6 months ago. I sustained a concussion, whiplash, tinnitus and cervical radiculitis. I have been diagnosed with post concussive syndrome and see PT 3x/week for vestibulo-ocular reflex deficits and cervical neck therapy. I have symptoms of lightheadedness as well as dizziness to varying degrees on a daily basis. I also experience intermittent headaches and nausea. I am married, a mom of 4 busy teens, work part time and am anxious to get back to my normal routine. Currently I am on a LOA from work. My neurologist is encouraging in that he feels my symptoms will subside with rest and therapy. I am frustrated in the time it is taking to recover. If anyone has any insights please share. Thank you for listening
Hi Lynn

Sorry to hear about your accident. I am nearly at the 6 month mark too. My accident was as simple as slipping on a tiled floor resulting in pcs.... I too find it very frustrating that this can take so long to heal, & find it difficult to understand! I wish I could have a little picture of my brain & know what's going on up there!!

My symptoms are a little different got really bad nausea to begin with but that has thankfully subsided. My headaches are daily at the moment but I have just returned to work which I don't think has helped to much. I use computers at work & have to deal with the public as I am a travel agent, it's been tough. I love my job & also was very eager to get some sort of normalcy back in my life. I also get really anxious & emotional, do you have any issues with your emotions?

& yes I guess rest is the answer but just how much does one need.
Travel73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote