View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 11:40 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
If RLA didn't work for you, I don't see how ALA could, as only the RLA portion of ALA is useable.

Also, the study cited was for B5 with ALA, so if ALA/RLA don't work, I don't know that B5 would do any good either. But it wouldn't hurt to try it. I take 500 mg/day.

Doc
I'll give you the whole deal. When I started the ALA, I had the "stocking" feeling on my feet, or they felt swollen and they obviously were not. 600 mg of ALA seemed like it helped on again-off again, so I raised it to 900. I continue to take 900 mg (300x3) of ALA, which also helped slightly with discomfort. I've thought about trying to discontinue it, and see if the 40mg of Nortriptyline is enough to do it for me, but I haven't yet, as I had just "stocked up".

I'll try the omega 3 for about a month by itself, and perhaps add the B5 later. If I'm lucky enough, maybe I can tell my Neuro that nature has helped me. I don't know if I'd mentioned to you that my Neuro doesn't like to recommend ALA, as he believes too small a percentage benefits from it.
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote