Thread: At my wits end
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 01:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My stomach used to hurt every single day. My PCP gave me Zoloft to help, and amazingly, it worked. He said the stress my body is under makes my serotonin off and is making it upset.

I think you and I are in the same boat lately, I think you said the same thing in one of my posts. We're in limbo land, waiting for our stupid appt to just get here!! I hate the waiting. I try to distract myself from thinking about it, which is much easier to do at home then at work. It seems when I'm sitting in front of a computer all day, I need distractions from work from time to time (need to reset my brain from numbers) but I always keep going back to my issues. At home I have the TV, cooking if I can do it (which has been less and less), my DD's needs, etc. Is there anything you can do to help distract you mind?

I get migraines a ton, and stress makes them worse. I get allergy headaches too. Pot helps the migraines, allergy meds help the other headaches. Pot helps my stomach, as well as my everyday aches and pains. It's a huge relief, but I'm also in CA where I have an RX. The meds I take besides that help the depression and PN.

I've been suicidal before, before I had an antidepressant that really worked for me. That made a HUGE change. I'm in horrible land like you, but I don't feel that need to just leave. If you get to that point again, please see somebody. Is there a clinic in your area that helps the uninsured? There is one here that you can pay $35 to get into see a real doc, but we're lucky to have it and I know it's not common. Just getting on an antidepressant will help your pain level. There are a ton of them that help pain.

You need some catharsis. What is yours? Mine is watching B horror movies. They crack me up! My husband's is first person shooting games. Some people it's just getting out and walking, destroying things, yoga, gardening, destroying things again, etc. Most people are like "oh, go meditate and listen to soft music", but I do the opposite. I'd rather listen to punk rock and do something with my hands. Unfortunately the hands part of it is off lately.

What are you eating? I know I feel a lot better when I've eaten something good. It doesn't help the pain in the slightest, but it helps my body work better. Are you getting out at all? As hard as it is, you'll feel a bit better after a little exercise.

Yes, doctors suck horribly and it's so hard to get into one. I think there are just not enough of them out there. I had the same issue trying to find a doc for my daughter (she has mild autism). Heck, I had the same issue trying to find an employee here at work who had the right experience and brains to do the job. There are just not enough smart people who can do that work. I'm glad I'm near one of those "centers of excellence", but I can't even find a neuro nearby. My PCP will just treat the immediate symptoms, and then tell me to see the neuro.

Find something to do to get your mind off of this. I think that'll help. Go find a 1000 piece puzzle, a new recipe, a plot of dirt that needs help, a book to read, etc. It'll take forever to get it done, but get your mind off the issues.
chaos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (07-29-2013), Erika (07-30-2013), KittyLady (07-31-2013), Mariel (07-29-2013), SallyC (07-29-2013)