View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 01:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default UPDATE - Mestinon

So I have been on the Pyridostigmine and at first it was dramatically improving my eye, but I guess now my body has grown immune to it because it no longer helps. This is a common problem for me with other medications, so I can't say I'm surprised. I was taking 60mg but only half in the morning and half at night. When it stopped working I decided to up the does to one whole tablet of 60mg in the morning and one whole tablet at night, but so far it hasn't helped. I'm pretty disappointed Now I'm back to looking weird again and it's hard to accept that this may be my new reality.

ORIGINAL POST:
Hi Everyone,

After having an MRI, 2 CT's, and numerous blood tests, I still do not have any concrete answers. Although I have tested negative for MG, my neurologist said that my droopy eye is the very first symptom of MG so she has put me on Pyridostigmine which I am starting today. She wants me to take this medication for 2 weeks to see if my eye improves. She feels that it is still possible that I may have MG, but still tested negative because I am in the early stages. To me, it feels like they are grasping at straws. Has anyone else tested negative and then it turned out they had it, or gone through a similar situation?
Brooketrout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote