View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 02:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so sorry you are going through this with your family. I know how painful it is to be distant from those you care most deeply about. My heart goes out to you.

To answer your question, I would guess that his anger is coming from a long history of the same family dysfunction you have acknowledged. Your home life did not turn out so good for you, well, it didn't go so well for your son either. He probably viewed your suicide attempt as his last straw after years of living in his own torment at home. He probably thinks his best chance at living a happy and succesful life is removing himself from the dysfunctuional environment.

If these assumptions are true, your best shot at renewing relationship with your son is to show him that you are no longer dysfunctional and have turned your own life around. You mentioned that you apologized for your selfish attempt of suicide, that is a good start but it is insufficient if it was not follwed by measurable actions. Why would your son, or anyone else for that matter, be interested in having a realtionship with you if you're not healthy?

The good news is that its not too late for you and your son. You can still build a strong relationship with he and the other members of your family but it is going to take you taking the iniative to start the healing process and having the endurance to see it through until you have reconciliation.

All the best to you in this endeavor. It is hard work and may have plenty of moments of hurt and pain along the way but it is worth it.
ecotime47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-01-2013), barbo (07-29-2013), hsiw (08-01-2013)