View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 03:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sofia

My God what a mess.............i too have experienced the cold shoulder of families when it comes to attempted suicide.........twenty years ago my in-laws never spoke to me for two years..........[ and i have just been on the recieving end of one years silent treatment..because i dared to react to a situation......all be it..i reacted the wrong way.....but did it warrant silence for 12 months ......no not really]

Suicide is and always will be a taboo subject........rather than people seeing pain and desperation....they often see rejection ......people think that if you could kill yourself without talking to them about your inner fears you dont warrant respect.....even love

i am a firm believer suicide is an impulsive act [even if premeditated with suicidal thoughts] that fills a void and vaccumous feeling of desperation...............most people want the pain they feel to stop......they often just dont know how to seek or ask for help

Myself i suffer with bi-polar and suicadal thoughts are a not often far away..[at bay the last 12 months due to new meds]
My only advice to you is that you cant change peoples minds overnight....and some times years........all to often people only realise how they have behaved when mental health calls at their own door....................

its not easy to say move on...........and believe my i dont say it lightly.............but a life of regret.........is not as bad as regreting not having lived.

Your ex- sounds like a good christian man [NOT].............Theres a clue in the word EX...............ignore him...........

your daughter is a first class ,,,,,,,, fill in the blanks yoyrself..........she has no class...no respect that you gave her life and in truth is a bully.........[and they deserve no pitty or thought of mind]

sounds like your son was hurt initially by your actions [i understand that]......but he is an adult now and has to man-up

maybe others have influenced his thoughts........until he talks you will never know..........

but Sophia.......DONT WASTE LIFE............waiting and worrying/////// you have to LIVE............

This is not a dress-rehersal we have one crack at life.........yes we make mistakes......yes we fall down.........but its how we stand up that counts.........

Hold no angst in your heart for others it just breads contempt ......which leads to poor mental health.....not good for you or the soul

As for dysfunctional families........tell me one that isn.t.....................i might remind politely some who post on here the mental health will effect each and every person in someway or another through a life period...........even if its mild depression or bereavement [that affects us all at times]

be careful not to throw stones at glass houses......that house could be yours one day..

Sofia.........baby steps...........take one day at a time.........some times there are no answers.........

David

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (07-29-2013), barbo (07-29-2013), bizi (07-29-2013)