View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 03:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Eric,

Awesome that you've found a new way to have some fun.

I've given my boat to my father but I had a similar problem getting in and out of the thing when putting out at a beach. Getting an electric motor solved the problem because the propellor didn't hang down in the water as deeply as the gas motor did. The elctric motor had enough power to put the bow up onto the beach far enough to make the boat stable. The drawback is that it is another piece of equipment to deal with...along with a 12 volt battery which is heavy.
I also kept one of those 2 stair folding step thingies that people use around the house to reach the higher cupboards etc. in the boat.
Putting that into the water at the side of the boat when I was using the beach instead of a dock gave me something to hang onto to get in and out and then allowed me to go from sitting on it to a standing position safely.
A clip attached to the tow rope and then attached to a strap on my
lifejacket ensured that the boat wouldn't drift off even if it did leave the shore while I was getting in and out.

A welding shop might be able to put a couple of wheels onto the legs of the ladder thingie so that you could use it to put the deflated raft, battery and motor onto for transport to the water and back to your truck, like a dolly. My boat had a trailer so I was OK getting it into and out of the water.

Thanks for the pics. Nice to see such a placid scene. And yes, you have nice feet .

With love, Erika
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EricP (08-02-2013), SallyC (07-29-2013)