View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie33 View Post
Hi Doc
Yea you are one of the lucky ones! I take RLA 100 mgs a day for a few months now. (and Lyrica 300mgs) I do not feel a diff with my pain and burning for this sfn!. Thought about increasing it but its expensive and Im afraid a higher dose will make me jittery. What do you take RLA for? You are lucky that its helping and without having to take any meds, I hope you continue to do well with it.
If the RLA isn't helping after this length of time, an increase may, or it just may not help at all, in which case I would discontinue it and save the money. This is the second time you've mentioned the expense of RLA; how much are you paying for how much of it?

As I mentioned, I take it for the burning pain of PN, and it has eliminated that pain completely except for flares that I probably have coming (eating/doing things I shouldn't).

Regarding the Lyrica/pregabalin confusion, many medications are sold both by brand name and generically. Lyrica/pregabalin is now one of those. It is still available by brand name, but the brand name will always be more expensive, and the generic less expensive. It could be that by the end of the year your insurance will no longer pay for the brand name and insist on generic -- I don't know. But if you're going to discontinue because it isn't working, that's kinda moot.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote