View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi torkins,

Unfortunately your pain could be due to a few different things which cannot be determined on this forum. You need to be seen clinically to evaluate that gum area. Perhaps a trip back to the oral surgeon is warranted.

Wish you the best.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by torkins View Post
Hi. I am desperately seeking some answers.
I am 22 years old and had all four of my wisdom teeth removed a week ago. It surprisingly went very well and I have had no swelling or bruising. The first couple of days I didn't even have any pain and I was eating normal foods. However, the pain and has been getting worse and worse. I went back to the doctor two days ago, because he thought I may have developed dry socket. He examined the teeth and said that they actually looked very great and clean and I was ahead of the healing schedule. He sent me on my way telling me that the pain was just from not having any more pain killers and maybe from grinding my teeth at night. He pretty much said I had to suck it up and wait it out.

I have been trying to wait it out, but sometimes the pain is barely tolerable. I have noticed that it is only in the upper right corner of my mouth. It seems to be the gum and area surrounding the socket, not the socket itself. If I press on it with a finger it is a sharp pericing pain. I have noticed that I also have a lot of jaw pain on that same side. It feels like a lot of pressure and often ends up giving me bad headaches and wakes me up from a sound sleep. But, what is strange is that sometimes it doesn't hurt as much and then other times it kills. Luckily, my grandfather has been letting me take some of his hydrocodon pain killers when I am in the most pain, because the doctor won't prescribe me any more pain killers. The pain killers do help with the pain, but not 100%.

Any ideas as to what this could be???
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote