View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default No Sinemet Day 58, Monday, July, 29, 2013

Sorry about the date on my last status report, if you noticed.

I have now completed 57 days with no Sinemet or Carb-Lev. My meds, all taken at 8 am and 8 pm.(+/- 2 hours, it doesn’t seem to matter) normally are:

1) Motrin 800mg 2 times daily
2) Flexeril 10mg 1/2 in am, 1/2 at night (this was a recent reduction)
3) Prozac (stopped Prozac 07\29\2013)
4) Cogentin 1mg 2 times daily

I want to give an overall status report at this point to attempt to pull together the happenings surrounding my NO SINEMET posts. From the numbers out there of readers who are following this story I would think that there are many seeking, and many more with some desperation, the answer to their personal problem. And that being my only motive for continuing these updates, for at least as long as there continues to be interest, the following is presented. It should be noted that a much greater amount of my personal information has already been supplied in earlier pages of this post.

I continue to experience no “on and off” times, taking my meds only twice a day. I cannot place a high enough premium on these two items. I hate off and on.

My life as it is thru today is far better than it was 6 or 7 years ago. With some symptoms it is great (meds 2 times a day, “no on and off” which leads to a better overall life with PD (I think I got that right) and means I don’t have to make a choice at restaurants (why? Because I eat what I want when I want) or preparing for the “off time” by frequently overmedicating on purpose. With other symptoms they too are better, like walking normal (Ha, I even am now able to wear flip-flops).

Here are the positives:

Absolutely no tight muscles-still as it was 58 days ago!
No problem driving
Meds taken at 8 am and 8 pm-still as it was 58 days ago!
No ON/OFF time-still as it was 58 days ago!
No problem eating-still as it was 58 days ago!
No problem sleeping-still as it was 58 days ago!
90% of the time I walk normal and type normal
70% of the time no shaking of the hand/foot

I seem to be in a physical condition better than I was 6 or 7 years ago. That is not to say I am stronger, but that all my muscles are working in cooperation with each other and one side has no better advantage than the other. This however, is a call to exercise and…I’m working on it.

Here are the negatives:

Drowsiness
Moderate memory loss (becoming more of a concern)
Possibly minor vision issues
Noticeable slowing down of movements
Still have difficulty accomplishing minor tasks-Apathy-still as it was 58 days ago
Dry mouth
Soft voice
Difficulty swallowing
Slight shortness of breath
Slight deficiency in fine motor skills on both sides

One of my negatives is the difficulty swallowing when I have a meal. It sometimes takes multiple swallows to move the food down my throat.

Another discomfort is labored breathing; more that I am aware of the breathing than it is hard. I will keep watching this one closely.

That’s it for now. Thanks for your interest.

Jim
I_Got_it_2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote