View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 01:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi LSAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkas4 View Post
Hi TZandme,
Were you in an accident? Do you see a neurologist? I sometimes sleep with my bedroom ceiling fan on low at night to help with the ringing. During the day it might help to turn the TV or radio on low but I know you had mentioned you were sensitive to sounds It's hard to believe it takes so long to recover from a concussion. Every day I wake up feeling the same. I fear I will never recover. I have 8 more weeks of time off from work. My job involves a lot of multitasking as well as high level cognitive functioning. I am dizzy and lightheaded every day to varying degrees. When I'm working on the computer and trying to concentrate and process information my brain goes into shutdown and I become increasingly dizzy and lightheaded. I find it difficult to talk with my family about how I'm feeling. I look fine. Unfortunately they can't see inside my brain. I wish I had a tangible picture to show them what is wrong like an X-ray from a broken bone. I was doing my vestibular exercises yesterday. It was the oculomotor:saccades. I was using 2 pencils. You have to hold the targets 12 inches apart and move your eyes quickly from target to target for 20 seconds. My 20 year old son was watching me and made a comment...."can't decide which pencil to use mom?" I have to say...it made me laugh! This has been a big test of patience for me. I was feeling a little better the week before last and pushed myself with my exercises. It backfired last week and I went backwards...ugh! I'm sorry you are still feeling like you are. I guess we need to continue to rest I just joined this forum yesterday for support from others with similar situations to mine. It is helpful to know I am not alone Good luck and please keep me posted on your progress.
Thank you for writing to me. I do feel that I could have written that message, except for the excersices you are doing. I have to walk down my hallway, without touching the walls, and turn my head right to left over and over....oh I hate that excersice! For the past 3nights the ringing (which is more like high pitch piercing noise) just over takes my head. I can't put my head on the pillow on my side b/c it just is so intense. It's just horrible. I didn't think things could get worse. I make a little progress in one area and something else gets worse! I had to tell my boss I couldn't come back to work yesterday....(I teach HS Special Ed) so that line of work right now is not possible. I'm crushed b/c it's my dream job. I live and work within 5miles and i get into freaking car accident 1 1/2miles from my house! For the past 5 years I've driven 35miles one way to my school. It's crazy. I totally agree that, yes, I look fine- but i'm not. I found these clear wax earplugs. I like them b/c I don't look like a dork and I can squish them in real good. Walmart, I don't know where in the store b/c I didn't find them, since I can't freaking go shopping! Anyway, I am angry, very angry, I know I'm not supposed to be but I can't help it. I was just prescribed Respidone .5mg. I've been taking it for 3 days and nothing. Have you heard of it? Are you taking anything? He also increased my citalipran from 20mg to 40mg. (I was taking 20mg b/c of my ex).
TZandme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote