View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 02:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie33 View Post
Hi Hopeful,
How much lyrica are you taking you left out the amt in your post? I take lyrica too, and still get very light-headed, dizzy like, drunk like feelings that last for a few hours after I take it, I understand how your feeling, its "normal" with this drug ughh. I have been taking it for 7 months now , and I still feel the sideffects, but it was worse for the first three months. Sorry to say its not helping with my pain, I have sfn -idiopathic and I still feel more pain then I should, Doc dosent want to increase my dose he says I should feel better at this "high" dose (300mgs). I tryed taking an extra 25mgs after a 100mg morning dose because my pain was so bad, I was soo dizzy and drunk-like after taking one xtra 25mgs pill! and No the extra pilll didnt help with the pain either! It seems sidefects are bad with each dose increase too.
And to make matters worse, I just thought you should be aware, my hair is starting to fall out. I have noticed in the past few weeks I have more hair in the tub, sink and brush, not bald patches but I see more hair around then usual! I called Phizer *sp and they said its not listed but hair loss has been reported. Sorry, but I just thought you should know. This is freaking me out, I believe its the lyrica, another reason to stop taking it. I know eveyone is diff, so I hope it works better for you. (no weight gain for me) I wish I had more encouraging things to say.
What are you taking lyrica for? Let us know how you do..thanks
Hi Marie,
I take Lyrica for the same thing you do. Idiopathic small fiber neuropathy. I also have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I only take 50 mg three times a day.

I'm glad you told me about the hair loss. I want to hear the good and the bad. I think I'll be bald if that happens to me, haha. I already have a lot of hair loss when I wash my hair. I know that is from my thyroid disease.

I'm sorry to hear you have been on it for so long with little results and so many side effects. I tried it once before and stopped it due to depression from it. I wanted to try again since my pain got so bad after I got hit by the car and had a flare up. My neurologist said sometimes an accident can cause a flare up that goes away and sometimes it can start a chain of events that never goes away. Comforting isn't it? So I told him I would try the Lyrica again. I have only been taking it for about 5 days and I really don't like the side effects. I don't feel drunk, just out of it. I don't know if it is too soon to take effect but it has done nothing for the pain so far.

I think I'm just tired of this whole thing. Every now and then this happens to me. I just give into the sadness of all of this. I sometimes long for who I was 6 years ago. The healthy me. The me who worked and exercised and was able to do just about anything. The pain free me. How I'm felling won't last long. I won't let it.

Well I better try to get some sleep or at least watch some TV. Thanks goodness I don't have to be anywhere until 3PM today. Thanks for the info

Last night it put me to sleep right after I took it. Tonight it is 3AM where I live and I am wide awake just feeling really funny. Has it ever made you hyper. I hate trying all of these meds. I am very sensitive to them and usually can't get up to a dose high enough to help the pain due to the side effects being intolerable.

Before the accident I was taking Cymbalta 60mgs and Tramadol 200mgs a day, along with IVIG once a month. I stopped the IVIG before the accident. I wanted to stop it to see if I could do without it because I am sick for 4-5 days after I get the treatments.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I think I have tried every drug out there. I take a lot of the supplements suggested here. Those are what I believe have helped me. One doctor yelled at me that if I don't do anything else she tells me to do I should get off the IVIG. It has severe s/e and there is no research to show what may occur to patients is the future who have had theses Rx's. To put it bluntly she scared the crap out of me. That is mostly why I stopped my Rx's.
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote