Thread: Chiari type II
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 04:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Chiari type II

Hi all,

i joined the group because I have chiari type II. I had the decompression operation about eight years ago when I had a toddler, preschooler and husband.
Now I am a single mum with two teens with special needs, and I homeschool them.

I feel so frustrated because I am exhausted just about all the time. If I sent the girls to school I would have to work at least 4 days to make enough money, and I'd have nothing left for my girls, or much for my clients (I'm a counsellor).

I can't find much info about the long term symptoms of chiari after surgery. I am in no way as much pain as I was. The burning and choking are not so much.

being so tired, having little energy and weak muscles is frightening at times. I'd like to wake up feeling alert, alive and able to go through the day without wanting to go to bed. Does anyone else experience this level of tiredness like chronic fatigue. Does anyone also have deteriorating perceptual vision, balance and joint pain even when things were better after surgery.

If you know of any web sites talking about symptoms of chiari and living with it.
I'd also like to know what exercise I can do, when so many are a no no.(even swimming laps and cycling on a recliner bike are painfu).

Thanks all,
Melindal
melinda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote