View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 08:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Don't know how to respond to this, but feel I should respond in order to show support.
Constipation is a common situation for people with MS and Porphyria (I have both, but no longer have constipation because I take enough magnesium to end that. I take the mag for other problems (spasticity, jerking, neuropathy).)
My search for a dx was very very very long, and after I got a DX, I had to continue searching for remedies that worked for some of my problems. I never got complete "working" of all problems, but I did get significant help from a wide wide wide list of sources. My point is that I had to keep looking.
I can't take the drugs for neuropathy. They give me frightening side effects. I take some supplements which help but don't solve the whole thing: magnesium, calcium D3,
B1, E Complex are the most helpful. A neurologist a quarter century ago told me to look for magnesium that didn't cause too much constipation, and I have tried six or seven types and continue to experiment, but I must take over 800 mg a day...possibly the type of magnesium matters in how much I take.

I am not saying you are impatient. February is a LONG time to wait, and you don't even know if you will get help in February. So it's a nasty business we are in with MS, and with other neuro diseases.
If you feel like trying supplements to help your neuropathy, I say that this might make the wait for February less horrible.
I am very sympathetic.

Thank you so much for your help and kind words. I will definitely look into magnesium.
Midori2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote