Thread: hit in face
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 01:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter11 View Post
Hi All,

I am 9 months PCS, largely recovered. I was hit in the jaw on Saturday playing football. So far I have had no flare uos. dont get me wrong I have a sore jaw, still not able to oopen and close it fully, but it has shown huge improvement in afew days. I am sure my jaw will reover in less than a week. I feel as though I am mentally strong and also physically, ie doing postural exercies physical therapy to not let this affect me.

Thoughts/ tips would be lovely
ummm not to be bossy or anything, but playing football after a PCS isn't the best thing to be doing. Son "bumped" head during football practice. He seemed to be fine and was cleared to play...
September 16, 2011 my son collapsed on the football field due to a subdural hematoma. He was life flighted to the hospital where they did emergency surgery. At first the DR said that he thought everything would be fine. Then his brain started swelling three days later, he had midline shift to the right side cavity and then the brain herniated onto the brain stem. They did not think he would make it. They stabilized until family could come. After family got there, he began to stabilize. We were counseled to "let him go" because the brain damage would be extensive. We chose life. He was in a coma for 48 days and then a vegetative state for another 58 days. He was considered semi-conscious Jan. 5, 2012. It is now July 2013. He has no short term memory, still is now walking with a walker, and has issues with expressive language, and is incontinent.
supermansmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote