View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 06:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I hope it works for you. I guess time will tell.

Any hallucinations?

If you dont mind me asking, how much fentanyl patches were you on before the procedure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky4christ View Post
Let me tackle a few of your questions now and the rest once I can ensure I'm providing the correct information by checking with my medical team. My laptop battery is also fading fast and I don't have the cord with me so Ill answer as many of your questions as I can before she dies.

1) Yes I am referring to Dr. Solomon S Liao at UCI, Irvine as the doctor who heads up and founded the Palliative Care Clinic at UCI Irvine Medical Center in Orange. Dr. Liao himself did not perform the procedure although he headed up the team, was, and remains active in my care. He instead hired new Palliative Care doctors that had first hand experience doing this procedure.

2)I have to tell you I'm not your average patient, I know my complex conditions and every aspect of my treatments or potential treatments better than most doctors with 20 years experience. In fact at home I even manage my port-a-cath (like a permanent IV) and IV medications myself (which help treat my severe Dysautonomia) so originally I brought up the prospect of this procedure as a future option 2 1/2 years ago.
Once it was clear we had run out of other options we again discussed the procedure and knew, at least for myself, it was not only the only option left but my best chance at living a normal life. After that it still took the hospital a year and ahalf to okay it and even then it took some doing.

2) The protocol they desired to use on me was deep sedation and extremely high doses of Ketamine over 5 days. Thanks to my incredibly high tolerance to medication however it took them 5 days just attempting to sedate me in the end having no choice but to resort to propofol. Upon the insistence of the ICU doctor and for my own safety a breathing tube was placed.
There is very little I remember from that time, just bits and pieces here and there.

4) I don't know about the FDA but part of it may have been that technically CRPS is not my diagnosis.

Now instead and using Ketamine to put me into a coma we used other drugs to put me into a coma and then administered Ketamine *wink, wink0
Apparently that distinction is a big one

If its okay I was answer the rest of your questions in the morning.

ALASKA MIKE
ARACHNOIDITIS,CRPStype2/CAUSALGIA since 2004
ALASKA MIKE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote