View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi David99,

I am in the dental field and can offer you some information here. If you don't mind, I have a few questions which will help clarify your situation and in return allow me to give you the information you are seeking.

I assume by your description of the bridge that there are 3 anchor teeth and one fake tooth replacing a previously extracted tooth. If so, what tooth is missing and which teeth are the anchor teeth? Why was the bridge made with 3 anchor teeth and not two? Were the anchor teeth compromised in some way making them weak to begin with? Do you have periodontal disease and/or bone loss? Are these anchor teeth root canaled?

Thanks....
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by David99 View Post
Hi -
my dentist has x-rayed my upper bridge and has said that one of the three teeth supporting the bridge (its a four tooth bridge) has split and is infected. He proposes to cut the split tooth across and then extract the lower part of the tooth + root while leaving the bridge in place (and the top part of the split tooth would remain in the bridge). From ignorance (!) this sounds rather radical to me - I would appreciate any advice as to whether this is really feasible and, if so, is it a good idea??
Many thanks for any advice on this.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote