View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Is this Complex Partial Seizure?

Hi All,

Thank you for your time in reading my thread. My wife (31yrs old) recently had a nocturnal seizure (and prior to this, she had another one exactly a year ago). She had absolutely no seizures her whole life, so its suprising how it came out of the blues.

Of lately, she has these episodes of confusion or at times she starts talking gibberish. These episodes only last about 10 mins, after which shes perfectly normal. She can remember everything up until the episode and everything after but feels like she doesn't know what happened in between.

Example scenario: I was in the kitchen couple weeks back, cutting vegetables, and she starts saying 'its good, its good' and starts to chuckle a little. At once i knew something wasn't right...so i move her to the couch so she can relax. Any questions i asked her, in the first minute she wasn't responding (but continue to say her own stuff), however after that, when i ask her questions like, do you know my name..she says 'i can't remember'...but when i ask the same question 5-6 mintutes later, she slowly is able to answer everything (a little slower than usual). In about 10 mintutes, she's fully normal and we can have a conversation.

I have spoken to the nuero, and she's on Tegretol (because of her second nuturnal seizure she was diagnosed with), and mentioned that the episodes that i described are very much Complex Partial Seizures. Her MRI's, EEG and sleep study all came back normal over the past year, as we have done multiple EEG and MRIs so far.
Whats odd about these seizures, i notice majority of them happen between 6pm - 8 pm (pretty much right after coming home from work), but cannot seem to find a trend what seems to be causing it. I know my wife walks about 30 mins to work or from work, and not sure if cardio aggravates these episodes.

If anyone is an expert on the topic, i would love to hear from you. Its best to hear from fellow friends in the forum about their experience, and how they able to beat it.
rexpac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote