View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 02:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftTalker View Post
1) Stay in air conditioned home or buildings as much as possible.

2) Try to go outside (to do errands, etc). in the early morning before the heat gets really bad.

3) When I MUST get out in the heat, I dress very lightly and often wear a cooling neck wrap (AMAZON is my best friend), and carry a spare wrap in a lightweight cooler in my car so I can change it out.

4) Speaking of cooler, when I must venture into the heat - even short trips, I bring a little cooler, with the spare cooling neck wrap (in a plastic baggie) and a couple of bottles of COLD (sometimes previously frozen) water.

5) I often carry a little paper fan with me - which I use if I am in a situation (like a recent wedding) where there are a lot of people, the temps are warm and there is very little air movement. I also have a small battery operated fan, but that can be cumbersome to handle.

6) I avoid DIRECT sunlight, wear sun glasses ALL of the time, and a visor or floppy hat.

7) AS SOON as I start feeling "unwell and weak" and "overheated" from the effects of heat, I try to get OUT of the heat ASAP, TELL someone if I am really feeling poorly that I AM feeling poorly, sit down, cool myself down, and relax.

LOL - Can you tell I have had a bad experience in the heat???

8) Float and/or submerge in a friend's or neighbor's pool whenever the opportunity arises.

As We All Know (or may unfortunately might find out - the hard way), HEAT is bad for myasthenics. (Or, for many or most of us).

Staying Cool, Calm and Collected is my favorite way to spend a summer day!

That is SUCH a great answer, SoftTalker!

For next year´s summer vacation I am checking in to this place for a few weeks:

http://www.icehotel.com/uk/Online-bo...nline-booking/
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (07-31-2013), Heat Intolerant (07-31-2013), southblues (07-31-2013)