View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 11:42 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default cervical lesions

After over a year of on again off again mysterious issues and doctors telling me, "i dont know" or suggesting Im insane or remarking, "youre too young to have these issues..." and even an mri that showed nothing, I finally got an MRI done of my brain and spine. They found 2 or 3 lesions in my cervical spine which may indicate a demyelation disease. (Also a slight bulging disc in my thoracic spine... but I didnt have any back pain, so yeah)

I do not have lupus, lyme, or b12 issues oh and I dont have sjergions (or however you spell it)....

I just turned 22 and I am a woman and I am from the NorthEast but currently live in Texas. We moved here 5 months ago (there are NO jobs in PA and its so expensive, I do not miss the state in the least). We moved here because we thought it was just a b12 issue since my last neuro told me my b12 was just a little bit off and just to take the vitamins and ill be fine. Well I did, and I wasnt. Also I was on the pill at the time and that frequently causes a dip i b12.

My issue(s), get worse in the heat. A lot worse. I walk outside or step out of my car and bam! spasms and my leg wont lift right. Its like its stuck in a cement bucket that I have to drag around with me. Along with the right leg, my right arm often feels like it has RLS and its super annoying, or it will feel very weak and I cant use it well, or my right hand will keep dropping things. At times I get a shock down my entire spine when I bend my neck forward, so painful! It lingers for like 20min afterwards!

Also at times I get this tight sensation around my rib cage. It doesnt happen often and I first noticed it when I was sick and coughing but then when I wasnt coughing it was very tight and I felt like I couldnt expand enough to breathe. Oh and "dryness" south of the border... which is unfortunate because Im recently married and want to enjoy that part of my life before it dies with kids and older age... haha. oh and does anyone get frequent UTIs? they always seem to coming around when my issues kick it up a notch too...

Would cervical lesions cause these issues? How likely is it that it is indeed, ms? The MRI said they were t2, and there were no enhancing lesions. Which I guess means, non-active, which would make sense as I am not having too many issues the past couple of weeks. I can make it flair up by stressing myself and making my body really hot, but Im not fully sure Im in an "episode." It also gets worse during menstruation, which makes sense since my migraines act up then too. But can the issues act up without it necessarily being an "episode?" I go back to discuss with my neuro on friday but i just wanted to see if anyone else went through the same thing?
allison1208 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (07-31-2013), SallyC (07-31-2013)