View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:04 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Finally dx with RSD/CRPS after 7 mo.'s of hell!

Hi everyone! I have been visiting your site for sometime now. Love all the advice, comments and support! I'm a member now! I have been through the mill the last 7 mo.'s dealing with 4 different doctors until my neuro finally said it was RSD/CRPS. I have been surfing the net all these months, trying to self diagnose because the doctors didn't seem to be in any hurry to find out what was wrong with me! One thing that has really pi**ed me off (sorry but I am really saying that nicely) is at the end of Feb through March, I was seeing an ortho and I had read up on RSD and mentioned it to him but I guess it didn't matter?! Nothing was done...then my Neuro that I have been seeing regularly, every month mind you...saw the boot that was prescribed by ortho and came unglued!!!! And that the MRI's that the ortho was ordering for my left foot/ankle and both knees was a COMPLETE waste of time! He said that they were not going to find anything wrong with me...being a SMART *****! I told him straight to his face he was wrong and I know there is something wrong with my foot/ankle and knees FORSURE! I know my body and this isn't normal. Well, the MRI's showed bursitis at the Achilles tendon in left foot/ankle as well as in my left knee and Chondromalacia with fluid in both knees too. He has to this day never acknowledged the bursitis as a cause of the RSD but it was the boot that mt ortho put me in?! The boot caused the nerve damage! OMG! Well, I have been dx by him a long time ago with sensory neuropathy and foot drop with absent reflexes. I convinced him to do another EMG and NVC and low and behold there was more problems...like I have been saying all the months! He then ordered another MRI for my back because my test showed something coming from my back. So, now we have come to the RSD/CRPS dx. MY left foot/ankle has been swollen and moved up to my leg to my knee and I my ankle is now frozen with my 4 little toes squeezed together and contracted up towards my leg and is so reddish/brown blotchy is horrible! Well, going to try Phys. therapy for a month to see if I can get any mobility back from my ankle. I have to walk on the outside of my foot (strange) but it the only way without EXTREME PAIN! I know it hasn't helped but what could I do all these months?! Say A prayer for me and hope I can get some mobility back in my foot. I just recently started my SSDI and just got back the Adult Function report with the Work history report to fill out now. I have seen some say that this could be a good sign...that its being considered?! I'm doing it myself w/o a lawyer for now. SORRY FOT RAMBLING ON!!! Does anyone have any advice etc. for me? Oh, I'm a 45 yr old female from Texas soon to be 46 in Nov. I would appreciate any comments or advice. Thanks for listening and God Bless yall!
chiweeniezrule is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (08-01-2013), dd in pain (07-31-2013), ginnie (08-01-2013)