View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 05:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So sorry to read your sad story. Not only was the care given to you inadequate, but the outcome because of it could very well have been worse.

Trust your gut! If you feel there is something physically wrong with you, pursue it. You are the expert on you. For what it's worth, you seem very likely to have MG just from your description of the symptoms. You state things that aren't written about online about MG, but that happen.

The treatment you received at the hospital by the doctors was appalling. Threatening you with a LP was beyond unprofessional. Unfortunately, the fact that you left (fled for your life?) will only reinforce that horse's behind's beliefs that you were having a psychogenic illness. I think it's payback time!

In order to restore your dignity and validate the symptoms you had, as well as possibly prevent someone else from being mistreated in the future, I suggest you file a complaint with the state medical board. I am not suggesting to do so because he disagreed with you, because that does happen. Instead, I would encourage you to report his threatening behavior as that was cruel and unnecessary. The doctor who refused to read your record because he didn't want to take the time should also be reported. You can remain anonymous.

I don't know how far you've been traveling to get proper care, but I would suggest you continue traveling until you find the help you need. I am in rural Texas and travel over 100 miles to my neuro clinic. I am fortunate to have a good PCP who can help bridge the gap if needed.

In the meantime, keep resting and keep researching. Let us know when you get the MuSK results as well. I am MuSK positive, so all of your symptoms seem very familiar.

Take care and good luck.
4-eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizzymum42 (07-31-2013), Fortunatos (08-01-2013), Interested (08-12-2013), pingpongman (07-31-2013)