View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 09:36 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi annikasamper,

The antibiotics were obviously not curing the sinus infection they were just subsiding the symptoms most likely because the infection originated someplace other than the sinus. And yes, infected teeth can and will cause sinus infections. However, many general dentists will not acknowledge that fact. Oral surgeons and ear nose and throat doctors know better as they treat these things all of the time.

Removing an infected tooth is the first step to curing the infection. There is no guarantee that the bone will become completely healthy after the tooth is removed because the infection has been in the bone for a very long time. But the longer the tooth is present, the more severe the infection. So it is wise to remove the tooth sooner than later.

Replacing an infected tooth or any root canaled tooth with a dental implant is a risky thing because the bone may be compromised. Implants replacing root canaled teeth have a higher failure rate for that reason. You would have to discuss replacement options with your dentist.

Regarding your shoulder..... any oral infection can travel elsewhere in the body. This is referred to as a focal infection with a systemic result. Also any time the immune system is dealing with a chronic infection, any weak area of the body will become compromised.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by annikasamper View Post
Thank you again dear Bryanna. I have been getting sinus infection for the last years, always taking antibiotics to cure it and it always comes back, maybe, as you said that is because of the infected old tooth. One question in the end, if I have the tooth pulled out and have an implant, do you think that the pain in my sinus area will wanish, will I have some problems with the implant? And one more.....I have been having constant shoulder pain, thought it was musclular pain but maybe this is all because of the infected front tooth?

Again thank you
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote