View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 10:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindWalker View Post
Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct section/thread..

So feel free to move it.

Could you guys please tell me what an interview with someone from Social Security entails? And what should be done to prepare for it? Is it done in person or over the phone? And how far back will they go or want of your medical information? - meaning will they speak to every single Dr. you have seen?

Whatever you can share with me I would be very grateful.

Thank you Everyone.
I hope you have a good night.

WindWalker
Wish I could offer you some info but my contacts with SS for disability was limited so far to sitting forever in their office just to hand them some medical records, and once I talked with them on the phone when they told me they had not received the records from one of my doctors. I filed online and only had contact as I mentioned. After I was denied and prior to filing an appeal, I tried to call them and that went nowhere for me. I was repeatedly transferred to the voice mail of a specific person that never did return my calls. That was when I hired a disability attorney. I now let him deal with them since they have ignored me.

I hope your interview goes well and am sorry that I can not shed any light on that matter for you. There are several people here on Neurotalk that are well versed in matters of dealing with SS. I think the amount of help and cooperation one receives from SS personnel depends on where you live. The people in my location are horrid and mean. I sat for hours just to hand them something as they had removed the drop box for fear someone would put an explosive device in it. Seeing how the people are treated here, I guess they would worry about that. I am sure most of their offices are much better or at least I hope so. I just live in the wrong part of the country I guess.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
WindWalker (08-01-2013)