View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 10:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, I obtained copies of my records and have found errors. Some "past" errors seem of little concern until you need them to be accurate for a particular reason. At one office visit, I had a doctor ask me about a medication I had never heard of and was definitely not taking. He had cut and pasted another person's records into mine on the computer. He never fixed the error and now I am stuck with things on my record that do not belong to me. (I changed docs after that fiasco.) I also like to get copies at each visit for a few reasons. It does not cost you anything for a page or two at a time when done by the office personnel and they are usually happy to do it for you. Waiting usually results in copies being made by a third party and billed to you. I have also had docs leave town, die, etc. and then I had no access to my records under any circumstances. No one seems to know where the records went. I have also had physicians that belonged to a group practice, go to another group practice and leave their records with their prior group.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (08-04-2013), ginnie (08-01-2013)