View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 11:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindWalker View Post
Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct section/thread..

So feel free to move it.

Could you guys please tell me what an interview with someone from Social Security entails? And what should be done to prepare for it? Is it done in person or over the phone? And how far back will they go or want of your medical information? - meaning will they speak to every single Dr. you have seen?

Whatever you can share with me I would be very grateful.

Thank you Everyone.
I hope you have a good night.

WindWalker
Well, it is way too much to try to summarize in one post. Start by reading the posts in the top part of this board.

ID info; marriages; children; obscure places you may have worked; worker's comp info; address; work history; earnings history; medical history; diagnoses; tests taken, when and where; medications currently receiving;

When did you last work? Why did you stop then? How much work did you do before you stopped work? Where are your treating doctors' records?

It is helpful to understand the difference between the date a condition first bothered you and when it stopped you from performing substantial gainful activity. That date is a combination of stopping work and medical condition. That is your alleged date of onset.

SSA is mostly interested in medical records in the year or two before your date of onset of disability and any records after that date.

Be as thorough as you can. Provide addresses and phone numbers and approx. dates of treatment.

It is your life. You should know the answers or know how to find them.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (07-31-2013), WindWalker (08-01-2013)