View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 05:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for you answer. Just so I understand something regarding an implant. I thought that was the only choice after a tooth has ben extracted? Would a "bridge" be a better choice. This is a front upper tooth or the one next to the main (two) front teeth. There is something that can be replaced isnīt it? I do not have to be without a tooth? :-) No I am just worried, I just want to know what could be the best choice if not an implant. I do not quite understand this.....
Thanks and my best regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi annikasamper,

The antibiotics were obviously not curing the sinus infection they were just subsiding the symptoms most likely because the infection originated someplace other than the sinus. And yes, infected teeth can and will cause sinus infections. However, many general dentists will not acknowledge that fact. Oral surgeons and ear nose and throat doctors know better as they treat these things all of the time.

Removing an infected tooth is the first step to curing the infection. There is no guarantee that the bone will become completely healthy after the tooth is removed because the infection has been in the bone for a very long time. But the longer the tooth is present, the more severe the infection. So it is wise to remove the tooth sooner than later.

Replacing an infected tooth or any root canaled tooth with a dental implant is a risky thing because the bone may be compromised. Implants replacing root canaled teeth have a higher failure rate for that reason. You would have to discuss replacement options with your dentist.

Regarding your shoulder..... any oral infection can travel elsewhere in the body. This is referred to as a focal infection with a systemic result. Also any time the immune system is dealing with a chronic infection, any weak area of the body will become compromised.

Bryanna
annikasamper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote