View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 08:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat Intolerant View Post
It's acceptable to say it when it's true. After all, if that's what they do, you want to know.

I'd have asked whether they'd done them on people before, why they had done it, whether they'd paralyzed them and what their life expectancies were after the procedure.

After hearing the answers (although I hear doctors are pretty secretive about those kind of statistics and I don't really wonder why), I think I might have wanted to slip out unseen so they wouldn't kill me.
I understand that patients must be advised of the possible risks of any procedure or medication--that is academic, and not relevant to this particular experience.

Heat Intolerant, the doctor had no intention of giving Bizzymum a Lumbar Puncture. We commonly refer to this as "practising medicine from under a rock..."

To deliver those words with the intent to "psych out" and frighten this patient, or any patient for that matter, for the primary purpose of wanting them to leave the hospital remains absolutely unacceptable.

I want you all to imagine for one moment, what Bizzymum might feel when a
another physician, who is in earnest--wants to get to the bottom of things--suggests a Lumbar Puncture.

Bizzymum, I am so very sorry for your experience.
Fortunatos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote