View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 11:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Go for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindWalker View Post
Hello,

Thank you for the replies. Just trying to understand disability and the entire process is giving me panic attacks.

Not to sound naive but I don't understand what to expect the very first meeting? Am I expected to call my Dr.'s and ask for their notes? and bring them? Or does S.S. contact them? I don't understand how I am supposed to get all the info. from at least 10 years or more of everything.. do they even go back ten years? Or just five?

I'm ready to just not even do this anymore..so overwhelmed.

What's the difference between SSI and SSD?

Thank you,

WindWalker
If you are qualified for disability, you should file for it, and the sooner the better. I got stumped on one of the very first questions. Date on onset? I have chronic conditions that did NOT disable me until they progressed over many years, finally forcing me out of the workplace, when I could no longer perform my job duties. It wasn't like I had an accident or sudden injury, so I did not have a "date" of onset in my mind. I finally took my best shot and used the date I quit my job. That really was the date that my conditions prevented me from performing my duties.

Hope things work out well for you. Keep us posted.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-01-2013), WindWalker (08-01-2013)