View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 12:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I want you all to imagine for one moment, what Bizzymum might feel when a
another physician, who is in earnest--wants to get to the bottom of things--suggests a Lumbar Puncture.

Bizzymum, I am so very sorry for your experience.[/QUOTE]

Thank you all for your insight. In every post I'm hearing validation and support. It's what I needed. I wanted support and also to shine light on this. I read about patient's with similar symptoms being mistreated, but holy cow. I wasn't expecting that.

The first hospital I went to didn't have to tools to help me - to put in kindly. And without the tools, it was more harm than good in my opinion. Doctors need to keep an open mind, too. Psychogenic disorders, from what I've read, can't be diagnosed in a short meet and greet. I want a neuro work-up AND a therapist.

to shine some light on the positive...
I did go to another hospital ER. They actually SAW my symptoms and expressed concern and called it what it was - "weakness" with an unknown cause. They told me how important it was to keep trying to get medical help. Validating and supportive! At least they were humble enough not to come to conclusions too soon.
They gave my primary a second opinion to look at. I've got his referral and support, so far. He seemed to be glad I went for the second opinion.

I'm doing better and better. Keeping a plan for getting the help I need helps. How many doctors we have to go through - its sad and daunting to consider. Keeping strong! Keeping my eye on the ball. I'll let you know when I get my labs and see the therapist.

Thanks for the support!
bizzymum42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Online User (08-01-2013)