View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 02:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicd577 View Post
My meeting went very well. Here is what he had to say: He got a very recent letter from my neurologist which stated, and I am not sure if this is what is considered an RFC form or not, but it listed her prognosis for my conditions, specifically, the epilepsy. She said that they will be lifelong and poorly controlled, even with medications, and NOT likely to improve or enter intoo remission. She verified that it has been diagnosed with an EEg with myclonic epilepsy with a normal CT scan and NOT responding to usual seizure medicines, infact, making the seizures worsen. She then went on to list what medicines and doses I am currently taking, and stated that despite these, I still have major motor gran mal seizures 2 times a weel with staring spells/partial awareness multiple times per day with daily headaches. She places the following restrictions: no driving, no swimming alone, no heights, heavy machinery, no working near stoves, etc. also this: "she cannot perform work that requires sustained attention" "I completely agree that she is unable to perform any meaningful work, and support her appliction for disability."

My attorney said that with this, plus all of my medical files, the ALJ will probably want to negotiate my onset date and issue a bench decision on the date of my hearing which is next week, which is fine with me. Just get this done and over with so I can get on with what is left of my life.

Thoughts on the letter from my neurologist?

Thanks for the update. Sounds good. Good luck and keep us informed. Waiting to hear the good news finality.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote