View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 03:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for all the positive responses. I just feel like I dont know what to do and it doesnt help that all my doctors are fighting. My original surgeon swears I dont have rsd because I can function in a conversation and that I dont need medication. Today he told me hes going to refer me to a pain dr who wont put me on any medication? I dont understand how there can be such differing opinions on this condition. Im trying everything I can to try to just relax and breathe and let things go but Im so frigging frustrated when it feels like everything is getting worse. After speaking with a lawyer today I found out that it is common knowledge that my original surgeon ignores patients with rsd and even disputes its existence. I dont mean to sound like Im whining, I just feel like I need to get it out there to people who understand. My family is trying to understand but I just get angry with them when they say stuff like go take a nap, youll feel better when you wake up. How can you explain until your blue in the face and your own mother doesnt get it! ugh!
anyway, ive tried nuerontin and lyrica, they both made me majorly sick. The new pm dr i saw said its due to my original medications, that they never should have been added in the first place. Im trying to get healthier as it was recommended that I quit nicotine and caffeine.... not exactly helping my stress either....lol. I'll give the vitamin c and magnesium a try.. does anyone know if they can interact with the medications badly? The pain medicine I was given helps, but if i get up and start moving the pain comes right back. Im scared to tell the dr its not helping, that he'll label me a drug seeker.
I know this post wasnt exactly any questions... I just feel like discussing this stuff with people who understand might help me feel better. I'm so frustrated and I feel like people in my life TRY to understand but just don't. I feel like all the plans I made for when I got older have been thrown out the window and like my life is going to revolve around pill bottles. And oh yeah, today I was told they dont think Ill be able to return to work. I've been out for a month and I feel like I'm going crazy... I just cant imagine a whole entire life like this..
liz0323 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote