View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 04:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up There's light at the end of the tunnel...

I too have experienced every single thing you guys are dealing with. The absolute worst thing was (for me) that lyrica withdrawal did not seem to get better with time. I would be horribly sick, be it days or weeks, until I got a dose of Lyrica back into my body. I started a slow taper back in January, and I am beyond thrilled to finally report that I'm off lyrica for good!

I was on 450 mg per day, and I started decreasing by roughly 25 mg every couple of weeks. At times, it was very difficult to jump down, but I coped with this by pushing myself into severe withdrawal by stopping altogether for two or three days, then starting back up on the new, decreased dose. That trick really turned things around for me as I was getting into very low doses.

Once I hit 25 mg, I stopped altogether, with no more withdrawal symptoms. My Dr. Recently put me on the drug Wellbutrin, which has helped me ENORMOUSLY! I have to tell you guys that are in the trenches of severe withdrawal to give some thought to tapering off, on as slow a schedule as you can manage. I was dividing one 150 mg pill into six little piles of powder at the end, which I diluted in water and swallowed. It was a mistake for me to think that I could white knuckle it and get past lyrica withdrawals with time, because the symptoms did not lesson with time. I was sick for weeks with no relief. I know it's hard to be patient, but you can do it! Treat yourself with kindness. You deserve it!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (08-02-2013), eva5667faliure (09-30-2013), SunkissFL (12-26-2015)