View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 06:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A lot sounds confusing

Hello Liz,

Well the good news is that you have certainly caught this early and as you know that does offer the best possibility of remission. Now you need a great team of doctors who can help treat you with remission in mind. It sounds a little confusing on who is treating/diagnosing etc., Who diagnosed you with RSD to begin with; was the surgeon or someone who this doctor referred you to? What type of RSD/CRPS do you have; is it a result of identifiable nerve damage? I'm not sure why the doctor stated you can't have RSD because you can have a conversation and don't need meds.. that is confusing because having a conversation or not is not diagnostic in any way regarding RSD/CRPS 1 or 2. Sounds like you need a doctor for your original wrist issues and then another who will treat the RSD/CRPS and they don't need to agree with each other because in all likely hood the surgeon who performed the surgery isn't qualified to treat or diagnose CRPS. I would make sure you have a good team in place.

What was the reason for getting and attorney at this juncture? Was it for the WC case or something related to RSD/CRPS? This can be a tricky place to be in if it was for the latter (at least at this juncture) and I would caution you on this. PM me if you have any questions about that.

Regarding Vitamin C and or magnesium or Epsom Salt baths - no they aren't likely to interact with other medications but always err on the side of caution and check with your pharmacist. If the lidoderm patches are helping keep using them up to 12 hours per day - they help more the longer you use them. You might also ask about Voltaren gel as this compliments the effectiveness of the lidoderm and can be used during the 12 hours off time. Are you in physical therapy?

Try not to think long term about this right now.. focus on healing right now and stay positive about your recovery as this will help get you to remission and worry about life with this will surely inhibit that.

I'm not familiar with WC cases regarding this so I am sorry I cannot comment on that end. I know it can be a struggle but being respectfully persistent with your treating doctors, employer & L&I case manager will be beneficial as you walk that path. Journal your daily activities, pain levels, medications and side effects will also help as you go through this.

Keep moving as best you can and try hard to get plenty of sleep - your body does it's healing when it is sleeping

Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote