View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 09:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Member with Occipital Neuralgia and Dizziness after doing Sit-ups

I'm new to this board and want to share my story in case anyone has experienced something similar.

Sixteen months ago, I was doing sit-ups, pulling up my neck with my hands. The next day I started feeling a dizzy sensation along with neck pain. This has progressed over the months to an almost constant feeling like my head is in a swimming pool, the floor is bouncy, I have pressure, tingling and burning on the left side of my neck and head in the occipital pathway, ear ringing, a full ear sensation and stabbing ear pain.

I had pretty good results from a nerve block at c2 at the occipital nerve root, but after three months, the dizziness and occipital pain suddenly came back much, much worse than before.

Has anyone experienced something similar? I am wondering what the long-term fix can be... I am looking into a decompression surgery performed by Dr. Jho in Pittsburgh. He decompresses the c2 nerve root, but I don't even know if I would be a candidate for this procedure.

It's so very difficult changing over night from an extremely healthy mom and wife to someone with progressive, dramatic health issues. I'm so scared what the future may hold. I just want my life back. I know I will never take my health for granted again... Kennedy
KennedyLane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote