View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 08:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default experience

Dear Peppermint Patty,
As someone who had an SCS implanted 18 months ago for CRPS, I would be pleased to talk with you about my experience. I have had mixed results. You are welcome to *contact me*. I thought I had done due diligence, reading the literature, consulting with friends and family member physicians...and honestly, if I had it to again, I am not sure I would get the SCS. Thanks for sharing your experience with the sweating. I, too, experience all over hyperhydrosis, but I'm not sure it's part of CRPS. I also urge you to become involved in RSDSA, the organization which provides support for people with CRPS.
Warmest regards,
Susie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermintpatty View Post
This is me exactly. I get horrible sweats; I had such a rough night last week that my husband had to help me change pajamas *four* times. And I don't mean just a little either, I'm talking soak your clothes and the sheets type of sweating.

The odd thing is that I don't get these all the time, and invariably, when I get them, they are either preceded or followed by significant all-over body aches.

I'd be really curious to know if this is from the CRPS. I had a doctor suggest lupus the other day which seriously scared me; he also suggested that I see a rheumatologist.

Right now, I'm waiting for my spinal cord stimulator implant which I'll get next month. After that, we'll see. If it's still a big issue, I will follow up with my family physician to see if I need any additional testing.

I'm glad at least to know that I'm not the only one dealing with it, but I am sorry that you have to deal with it at the same time.

Last edited by Chemar; 08-02-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: NT guidelines/contact info
susiewordsmith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (08-04-2013)