View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Constipation! The Uncommonly Discussed Common MS Symptom

This isn't a topic that comes up often on threads but after going through some issues and ending up on a hospital "vacation" for a few days due to diverticulitis, I thought it would be a good thread to start up.

Constipation is a common symptom of many of us MSers. I apparently have it and yet, don't realize it as constipation. Maybe it's because I lack feeling in areas of my stomach. I also have a very slow transit of food, which increases the change of constipation and complications from it. I didn't realize I was suffering from constipation but apparently, I am. My BM's are not normal.

Since I am still recovering from diverticulitis, I am still on a soft diet and can't tolerate most solids. Everything has to be ground up/pureed.

How many of you suffer from constipation as an MS symptom and how are you treating it? What products, foods, etc. have worked for you? I think that by sharing such a "poopy" situation, we can help each other. I know I am not the only MSer with this issue. haha
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (08-02-2013), Erika (08-02-2013), jprinz99 (08-05-2013), KittyLady (08-05-2013), NurseNancy (08-02-2013), SallyC (08-02-2013)