View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 01:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused This is a game of vague terms and unclear actions.

I’m not going to be delicate or easy here. You really are not going to find any easy or clear answers to your diagnosis at the present time. The only concrete diagnosis, MRI readings, prognosis or treatments are those with absolute terms such as readings with dimensional terms such as “the spinal cord is being compressed by 2mm” or the nerve is in compression that kind of terminology. Sadly (or really not sadly) the majority of us don’t get that absolute conclusion. Really if you think about it absolute in the spinal game is worse than the more marginal diagnosis most of us get.

The initial pain that you experience is the real issue here. If there was no pain you would not have gone to the doctor. How bad is it? Is it really bad, just irritating because it’s new or can you live with it? That’s your first set of questions. What can they do for neck pain?

I am a neck pain and surgery survivor (started 2000) so I do understand! There is a bright side to your situation…your age. You have the advantage that your body can help heal this problem. I realize the neck issues are a problem because there is really no way to limit using your neck. Are you into sports or computers? Try to identify what makes the pain worse. You’ve noted posture but that’s really problematic for the neck.

I posted the preferred cycle of treatment and sadly that’s as good as it gets. And here’s the real bummer YOU DO NOT WANT SURGERY ON YOUR NECK UNLESS ITS ABSOUTELY IMPERATIVE! It may be permanent but it does not guarantee that the pain will go away!

The orthopedic doctor is a necessary step for you. It can help! Anti-inflammitories, muscle relaxers, pain relievers, limit aggravating activities; even neck braces in the short run to relieve irritating motion all can help the body to heal. Hopefully with the doctors help the pain will be short lived and you can get back to normal. I know it’s not fun!
Rheannon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Logan17 (08-02-2013)