View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
How many of you suffer from constipation as an MS symptom and how are you treating it?
Well, I have dealt with constipation literally all my life. I was diagnosed with Hirschsprung's disease as an infant and had surgery to remove about 2 1/2 feet of intestines when I was not quite 2 years old. The section removed had no nerves.

Does MS cause issues of constipation in my case? It's really difficult to know for sure as this has been a life long issue, although not an impossible possibility.

There have been numerous things I have tried through the years and for the most part rarely have constipation due to my efforts in this area.

Quote:
What products, foods, etc. have worked for you?
I tend to use a combination of things. Some of what I will list I do not currently use, it depends on how I am doing as to adding in or taking away certain products.

- Stool softener
- Fish oil
- Flaxseed
- Magnesium Citrate
- Metamucil
- Lots of water (80 -100 oz a day)
- Fruits/Vegetables
- Exercise (yes, that can get things moving)

I have read and heard Probiotics can help. I have tried this but I seem to be quite odd when it comes to Probiotics as I end up with stomach cramps and diareah. I also can't eat yogurt, which has probiotics in it for the same reason
Blessings2You (08-02-2013), Debbie D (08-03-2013), Erika (08-02-2013), NurseNancy (08-02-2013), SallyC (08-02-2013), tkrik (08-03-2013)