View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 03:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default No Sinemet Day 62, Friday, August 2, 2013

I have now completed 61 days with no Sinemet or Carb-Lev. My meds, all taken at 8 am and 8 pm.(+/- 2 hours, it doesn’t seem to matter) normally are:

1) Motrin 800mg 2 times daily
2) Flexeril 10mg 1/2 in am, 1/2 at night (this was a recent reduction)
3) Prozac (stopped Prozac 07\29\2013)
4) Cogentin 1mg 2 times daily

I continue to experience no “on and off” times, taking my meds only twice a day. I get up in the morning after sleeping for 8 or 9 hours and have a couple cups of coffee; not like I used to do, trying to time the “on and off” so my shave and shower don’t happen at the wrong time. I now drink the coffee because it tastes good-what a concept!

I did have a possible “on/off” moment when the family and I were getting ready to board an airplane and I suddenly realized I hadn’t taken my 8:00 pm meds. I was almost 4 hours late! Actually, what reminded me was the fact that I was sweating, which I was prone to do 60 days ago but hadn’t happened since. As I rushed to eat something so I could take the meds a sudden panic came over me. I began to think about all the articles I was reading saying to quit Parkinson meds suddenly could result in death. I boarded the plane, watched a movie and no further problems were encounterd.

Here are the positives:

Absolutely no tight muscles-still as it was 61 days ago!
No problem driving
Meds taken at 8 am and 8 pm-still as it was 61 days ago!
No ON/OFF time-still as it was 61 days ago!
No problem eating-still as it was 61 days ago!
No problem sleeping-still as it was 61 days ago!
90% of the time I walk normal and type normal
70% of the time no shaking of the hand/foot

The other fabulous positive is no tight muscles. For over 60 days I have walked normally.

Here are the negatives:

Drowsiness
Moderate memory loss (becoming more of a concern)
Possibly minor vision issues-a bit blurry and can’t tolerate sunlight
Noticeable slowing down of movements
Still have difficulty accomplishing minor tasks-Apathy-still as it was 61 days ago
Dry mouth
Soft voice
Difficulty swallowing
Slight shortness of breath
Slight deficiency in fine motor skills on both sides

The negatives haven’t changed much but I am a little concerned about memory and shortness of breath. I will keep an eye on them.

Jim
I_Got_it_2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote