View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi David,

Yes, yes and yes!!! That is exactly what I am saying

Sensible would be the ideal path to take with this dental problem. Please understand that when this bridge is removed... there may <or may not> be a can of worms underneath there :/ If there is, then remain "sensible" about the treatment options that are presented to you and keep in mind the risks of retaining teeth that are not healthy. To remove that tooth but then place a new bridge on other compromised teeth will not alter your current situation very much or for very long. Ask about all of the options.

You are most likely correct in your assumption with the dentist finding this extraction a challenge and bragging about it to his students. But I agree with you... let's not forget about the patient!

Thank you for being so open minded about your dental problem and to my no nonsense manner of giving you the information. It's been a pleasure communicating with you. BTW.... I live in the US in the state of New Jersey!! Long way from London )

Yes, please keep us posted.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by David99 View Post
Hi Bryanna - I'm really grateful for your very thoughtful and informative advice on this - from what you have said, it would seem that the sensible way forward would be to replace the bridge now rather than undergo a v tricky procedure which may not resolve anything and indeed could lead to worse issues down the road. I think that perhaps my dentist (who is attached to a local dental teaching hospital just outside London) sees performing an extraction from under a bridge as a 'challenge' which no doubt he could then discuss with his students (don't worry about the patient!) anyway, I shall now discuss a replacement bridge with him and, if necessary, get a second opinion (or change dentists!) Again, many thanks for your kind advice on this - I'm most grateful - (oh, and have a great weekend, wherever you are!)(I'll keep you posted on developments).
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote