View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi rexpac,

In regards to the vimpat there have been side effects of depression and suicide but that happens with many seizure meds and within time a person will get over the feeling. So far I haven't had any bad side effects from the vimpat except when my Dr. put me to high of a dosage (400 mg) and that caused me to have more seizures than when I was put on 250 mg. a day.
Your wife may feel tired at first when and if she goes on the drug but after awhile it goes away and you don't feel tired.
When I first started having seizures I would have wicked headaches before any seizures and this was a migraine headache which in turn lead to seizures for me. This could be what's going on with your wife. Also if the Dr. finds she has any problem in the temporal lobe this may put her though her change early in life which can trigger more seizures, headaches, and short term memory loss. Another thing your wife may want to try is magnesium this has been known to help some people with their seizures. I've never tried it but I have a lot of friends that have tried it and it has worked great for them. Here's wishing you and your family only the best and May God Bless All of You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote