View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry you're having such a rough time at the moment Tessa...

I can't think of any way of protecting yourself from the water temperature if it's causing you pain because it's too cold I had some physio in a nice warm pool around the time my CRPS was diagnosed, and even that hurt sometimes - since the CRPS I just can't bear cold water, and I just have to not go in colder pools. I'm lucky to have a warmer pool nearby (although sadly the price is too rich for me at the moment), but if I had no other choice than a cold pool I still couldn't do it. Even the buoyancy of the water and ability to do more exercise just isn't worth the pain and risk of spread.

I'd say just don't do it. That horrible level of pain is your body shouting at you to stop, and it's definitely worth listening. Try to find a warmer pool (most will tell you their temp if you ring and ask) or just talk to your doc/physio - physios tend to know where warmer pools are, or can discuss an alternative therapy for you.

Take care, and I hope your pain gets more manageable very soon, its horrible when you just can't get away from it...

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zookester (08-02-2013)